Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My 2005 pt cruiser red security light stays on i have both

Customer Question

Hi my 2005 pt cruiser red security light stays on i have both keys the grey on and the black one everything comes on but the car wont start i had a mechanic take a look at it
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: It stays solid
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked all the fuses and relays they are good but when i tryed to get codes from the computer its not getting power but everything works
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The red light is your security meaning the key or key module is bad.. You need to start it only with the gray headed key, the black plain key is not a programmed key. If you have tried two keys then there is a good chance the SKIM module is bad and you will need a scantool to retrieve the codes and program a new SKIM module is needed.. WHat codes are in the SKIM module?

Talk soom,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Are you still here? I have not got a reply back...