sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I had the recall ingnition switch done and since then all

I had the recall ingnition switch done and since then all dashboardvlights and ding from rpms keeps droping along with no connection to keys to open doors or trunk work also when starting car womt shiftvinto gear. No problems before I let dealship mess with car
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: The trunk is not the issue. The lights on dashboard and shifting into gear is
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2008 lx 300
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Reset computer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just looked at codes on car and several poped up. 168, 148, 001, 1103

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You could have several things going on and it will require some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to determine what is going on. It sounds as if you may have a bus communication issue, an internal problem in the instrument cluster or the cluster may be losing a power or ground.

Do you lose items such as the blower motor, windows and radio when the instrument cluster acts up?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, aside from dashboard lights, dinging and watching the RPM needle move up and down while driving. And sometime when I start the car car wont shift into gear

Do you have a scan tool to monitor data at the time the problem happens?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No tool. I was told it is a computer issue. But don't know which computer. ECM or ECI

The problem won't be with the PCM, there isn't anything called ECI.

You had the problem diagnosed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I returned to dealer the said they put ignition switch in according to specs. But now the computer is no good and cost $3000 to fix. Mind you my car drove and ran perfect before they touched car. . 2008 and it only has 95000miles????
Do you have a written estimate with a part number?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
may take a min to locate

Ok.