Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Overheating when it sits in traffic, good when moving. fans

Customer Question
not going on. changed fan...
overheating when it sits in traffic, good when moving. fans not going on. changed fan out,both relays
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 128k its a 2006 yes starts normal
JA: What is the model of your '06 Chrysler?
Customer: touring
JA: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well in the past year ive replaced the fan,radiator,thermostat
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
5/14/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: John Taylor,
 replied 8 months ago
John Taylor
Let's start with unplugging the fan harness connector, and checking for power with the ac on with a test light.
well i replaced the temp sensor, the 50 amp fuse and the two fan relays on the side of the radiator.......the fan went on!!! then 15 secs later it went off. i think its blowing the 50 amp fuse. i had to shut it down for the night but i know the fan works...the relays, thermostat,temp sensor are good.
John Taylor
John Taylor
John Taylor