Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Car won't start after filling tank, I have checked battery

Customer Question

Car won't start after filling tank
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I have checked battery and is corroded some but car is very active and battery was tested recently
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006 300c 6.1 Chrysler
JA: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried checking fuel pump it sounds like it still is working but car only starts when I push gas pedal and then it has a very rough idle and even squeaks a little bit
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No mam
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

This is caused by a bad fuel tank. The good news is Chrysler has issued an extended warranty on the 2005-2006 models so there is a good chance you can have this fixed free of charge. I would go to your local Chrysler dealership and have the service manager run your VIN to see if it's covered and if yes tell him what it's doing and we can replace the fuel tank for you...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad