Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2005 chrysler t&c 3.8L with abs light ...unknown obd2 p1131,

Customer Question

2005 chrysler t&c 3.8L with abs light ...unknown obd2 p1131, p1135, p1141, p1144 codes...need code definitions
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: just abs
JA: What is the model of your '05 Chrysler?
Customer: town & country
JA: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 5 months ago.

Hi Im David, here are your descriptions

P1131 - Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch Sensor Indicates Lean Bank 1 Possible causes Faulty Upstream Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Fuel pressure high or low MAF sensor dirty/defective Vacuum leak on engine Leaking fuel injector or fuel pressure regulator Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
P1135 O2 Sensor Heater 1/1 Element Resistance Out of Range

P1141 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2

P1144 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 1 Sensor 3 Rich or High Voltage

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
David - These codes (given to me by my trusted mechanic) obviously don't apply to the ABS system....but, the ABS light is coming on repeatedly after the brake stutters as expected when the system thinks a wheel is skidding (not turning)...so what codes should obd be showing for say bad sensors or failed CAB module? And...no, the brake system light is not on, just the ABS. And...yes, these are the only codes coming up on the OBD.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No phone calls....I'm the owner, not the mechanic. The vehicle is at Mark's Automotive for repair. I'm trying to be pro-active as to better informed and able to authorize what may turn into an extremely expensive repair. I have no way of verifying the validity of your answers so I'm questioning everyone and everything I'm being told.

the only way to fix the abs flutter while applying the brakes is to replace both front wheel bearing/hub assemblies with genuine mopar parts. nothing else will fix that.

you asked about the abs and then asked what the codes meant so i told you.

hows it going. how was the validity of my answers

good day to you.

Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Do you still need help?