Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I'm living in Jamaica bought this 2002 pt cruiser its a

Customer Question

Hi chris, I'm living in Jamaica bought this 2002 pt cruiser its a export version. Car won't start seem its has to do with the immobilizer but the immobilizer light does not flash on the dash the mechanic got the car to start once but it back fires
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. When you turn the key to the on position, does the security light come on for about 3 seconds and then turn off? . . . .Chris
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it does stays on for about 3sec
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The mechanic took of the head to check things seems fine with compression and spark he's not sure if the ecu is messing up the firing order I think
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Did he say if any diagnostic trouble codes are being set in the PCM (computer)?

Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Diagnostics show that there was a problem in the manufacture control but got no immobilizer code
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I got a ecu out of the USA he some how got the immobilizer light to stop showing for the spare ecu but car just back fires when cranking. I was told the 2.4l ecu out of the USA might not work for the 2l export. We are presently using this timing setting for the can timing
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.
An ECU for a 2.4L will not work properly on a 2.0L. That is most likely the problem my friend. . . Chris
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK chris my next option is your send the original ecu to the US to have it reprogrammed to plug and play settings
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

yes, that is probably your best bet. Just be sure to send them the vehicle's VIN number and mileage. Then they can rebuild and program the PCM.

Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks chris
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

You are welcome my friend!!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.
I hope that my answer is helpful, and if so would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you! . . . Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello again,

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.
Hello again,I hope that my answer is helpful, and if so would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you! . . . Chris