Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

Chrysler 300 CD Player lights flashing and door locked so

Hi Chrysler 300 CD Player lights flashing and door locked so nothing can be loaded?? What could be causing this?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: Checked the fuses and didn't find anything wrong. Haven't checked the door switches? You mean the switches that turn the interior lights on/off when the doors are opened?
JA: What year is your 300?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to fix it myself. Had an electrical connection problem with the positive battery terminal. This problem started after reconnecting.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope that's it.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Lets Try a Master Reset First & we go from there

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Chad............what are the % chances this will solving the problem? The reason I'm asking (the stupid question) is that a loose positive battery connection caused the problem to start with. The cable would not tighten over a battery terminal with a smaller post. Now I've got it locked down (tightened very tightly) with a very special "spacer" tightening mechanism. I'm reluctant to take it loose because it took me five hours to figure out how to fix it. The car totally "stops" out on the road with this loose connection.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm also concerned about the amount of $26.00. The lead screen says a $5.00 deposit with $11.00 additional once the chat starts. It says nothing about $26.00!! This looks like deception to me. Possibly not on your part but I hate being screwed with internet transactions. I'm complaining to the "Just Answer" Group. For $26.00 I'd rather pay this to someone that could fix it...Sorry!!

I m sorry I do not do billing,I m independent experts on the site

The cable will need to be taking off if you want to Reset it Manually Unless you have a Chrysler scanner or equivalent to do with unfortunately;ey

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Chad sorry for my last response. I over reacted when I saw the $26.00 charge but that is for a phone call which I didn't use. So everything is cool. You answer is worth $16.00 and thank you for your quick response.

Just Answer customer care are good, so have any questions just email them they answer your back quickly

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

If You Are Using A Free Trial Or Have A Subscription A Positive Rating Of 3 Stars Or Above Is Required For Me To Be Compensated

For My Time & Resources .

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat