Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I JUST HAD THE WATERPUMP AND THERMOSTAT REPLACED AND THE

Customer Question
COOLANT SYSTEM FLUSHED IN MY...
I JUST HAD THE WATERPUMP AND THERMOSTAT REPLACED AND THE COOLANT SYSTEM FLUSHED IN MY 2013 CHRYSLER 300S. THIS WAS 4 DAYS AGO AND I CAN STILL SMELL COOLANT. NOW ALL OF THE SUDDEN, THE FCW AND ABS LIGHTS ARE ON. ANY IDEAS?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
4/17/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: John Taylor,
 replied 9 months ago
John Taylor

Hello, my name is***** am a Master Chrysler Technician.

Are you smelling the coolant smell from inside the car, or outside the car?

Both
Chrysler Mechanic: John Taylor,
 replied 9 months ago

Do you have access to the vehicle right now? If so, start it up and put the heat on and let it reach operating temperature. If you can smell coolant coming out the vents, you have a bad heater core.

Chrysler Mechanic: John Taylor,
 replied 9 months ago

Your FCW and ABS lights are unrelated to this issue.

Chrysler Mechanic: John Taylor,
 replied 9 months ago

Please close out the ticket and rate me 5 stars if I have been able to help you with this.

Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician