Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2004 sebring has no crank no start and no bus shows on dash.

Customer Question

2004 sebring has no crank no start and no bus shows on dash. Problem started after re-wiring power outlet to interior fuse 8
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Yes on fuses, no on diagram. Just got the car a couple weeks ago
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping for an easy self fix. I havechecked all thefuses and the electrical systems seem to work fine just no crank
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not have any test equipment
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try unplugging the battery and plugging it back in after 5 minutes and see if this resets the fault here as sometimes this will work.If this does not work usually the no start and no buss message is due to a fault with the instrument cluster itself with it needing replaced.I would have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set and then those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete