Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A new water pump and timing chain was installed and now the…

A new water pump...

A new water pump and timing chain was installed and now the car will not start. The "mechanic" said it is a factory installed anti-theft device that has to be reset at the dealership. I tried to look this info up on my model and Edmund's states 2002 doesn't have the anti-theft dveice. Is any part of what the mechaic telling me true? Or did he complete the job and now the timimg is off and he can't get it adjusted back to start the car?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

Yes, it over heated, had a new radiator installed only to find out it was the water pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Chrysler?

Concorde LXI

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Concorde yourself? What have you tried so far?

Went to dealership for the radiator to fix the leaking proble $600 , 2 days later leaked re-diagnosed pump estimated repairs at $2700, car purchased at $2000...found a local mechanic to do the work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that completes the saga.

4/10/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- Is there A Red Led light Flashing or Steady on when you have key in The On position, If you do ,It does have a security system and is triggered on

If the Red Led light come on an goes away after few seconds Like it supposed to do ,then it is not the Anti Theft .

Now What I think Happened is He did the Head work and He did not time it right and this why it is not starting ,Now to Re time it , he has to take it apart again completely,including he could have damaged the valves again ,Now to confirm that The timing is the problem and that is his fault , The timing marks needs checking .

Now if the car Run and overheated and he did the head work, the anti theft was no an Issue prior.

And true not all of them has Security in 2002 ,but most do, will need vin to verify for you

also If he does have A capable scanner that is Chrysler software in it, he can confirm the anti theft issue and fixe it !

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

If You Are Using A Free Trial Or Have A Subscription A Positive Rating Of 3 Stars Or Above Is Required For Me To Be Compensated

For My Time & Resources .

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How could the valves be damaged?

If the Timing is wrong , the valves will hit the Top piston and bend or break it , that is what we call interference engine,so the Timing has to 100% correct or sever damage will happen,

ask him what is the compression test across all cylinders ?

if timing is off one or 2 cylinders will be off or no compression ?

like said earlier , before judging on him , you have check so you will be fair with it

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If the valves needed to be replaced...what would BrotherSoft case scenario? If I had to replace all valves, how many would that be?

Hey how are you

on 2.7 liter you have 10 total valves

2002 Chrysler Concorde V6-2.7L VIN R

Save Article

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Valve

Valves

5 - Intake

(###) ###-####21.25

5 - Exhaust

(###) ###-####27.20

Labor Information

on 3.5 liter

2002 Chrysler Concorde V6-3.5L VIN G

Save Article

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Valve

7 - Exhaust Valve

(###) ###-####A$28.75

6 - Intake Valve

(###) ###-####21.60

Labor Information