Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I started it this morning and first the wipers stopped.

Customer Question
I started it this...

I started it this morning and first the wipers stopped. Turned it on then back on. Wipers went down but wouldnt do anything else. Went to drive it anyway and noticed all the warning lights on the dash stayed on and the tach needle was at zero and would inadvertently jump then go back to zero ( car sounded like it was running fine) and the car would not shift out of park. I'm assuming its something electric

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I opened the fuse box but am not sure how to know if one is bad. I did notice a rather loud buzzing notice coming one side of the box

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006 pacifica

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only thing I tried was to turn it off, let it sit and try it again. I had to get to work and it just happened this morning so haven't been able to try anything else

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Reagarding the not shifting, we have already replaced the plastic part inside the shifter so I do know that that is not why it won't go into gear

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
3/21/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago
eric remington

DOES VEHICLE START NOW?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
vehicle starts and runs just fine.
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

SO YOU CANT GET IT OUT OF GEAR?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it doe's not come out of park
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

INTERMITENT PROBLEMS CAN BE TOUGH TO DIAGNOSE ARE YOU GOING TO DIAGNOSE THIS VEHICLE? NOT GETTING OUT OF PARK COULD BE AN INTERMIITENT BRAKE SWITCH...SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING MULTIPLE ISSUES HERE...A CALL WOULD BE BEST

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am unable to call at this time as I am at work
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

YOU COULD TRY AND BYPASS THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH IF THE SWITCH IS BAD THAT SHOULD GET YOU OUT OF PARK

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you i will try this this evening. Am I able to contact you again here If I need more assistance? It would make more sense to call when I am in front of it
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

ALL THE LIGHTS ON THE DASH COULD BE AN ALTERNATOR ISSUE HAVE SEEN THAT BUT IT COULD BE OTHER THINGS...IF YOU WANT TO CK IT YOURSELF I COULD WALK YOU THRU STEPS WHEN YOU GET HOME IF YOU LIKE GIVE ME A CALL. BUT INTERMITTENT PROBLEMS LIKE OCCASIONAL DASH LIGHTS ARE BEST DIAGNOSED WHEN THEY ACTUALLY ACT UP

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

BUT GETTING IT OUT OF PARK I COULD HELP YOU WITH

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

SO JUST GET IN TOUCH WITH ME THEN ARE YOU EAST OR WEST COAST?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i did go home at lunch and got the same result so I am thinking it is not intermittent. At least if we can get it into drive I can get it to the mechanic. I am on Central Time. In Illinois
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE READY DO YOU HAVE METER SOME JUMPER LEADS TEST LIGHT ETC?

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

IM 50 MILES SOUTH OF TRUMP IN VIRGINIA

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

hello how is it going?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, got the car in drive this morning. Drove it 100 yds and everything started working normally. Assuming its a relay acting up
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

let me know if it acts up again....if it seems fixed do rate me

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will Do thank you!
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 year ago

thank you

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington