Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

My climate Contol module stopped working after I changed the

Customer Question
radio and the air bag...
My climate Contol module stopped working after I changed the radio and the air bag light is on. 2005 Chrysler 300
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: Not sure, but this happen before after I changed the climate control module after a knob broke
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I unhooked the battery and tried to reset, because it was working fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Is anybody there
3/5/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A loss of power from the run relay will cause a loss of the airbag module and a/c control head. There are several things that could be going on and some electrical testing will need to be done to determine the cause of the problem.

Have you checked fuses?

I'll check it and get back

Ok.

All fuses good, Ac clutch works, can hear vent actuators woking, blower working on any speeds

The control head doesn't work and the airbag light are on though, correct?

air bag light on but know blower

Can you swap the run relay with another and see if anything changes?

Using web site and don't see a blower relay. Owner manual missing

You're looking for the run relay in the power distribution center in the trunk.

See location 42 fuse but no location for blower relay on the site

Are you able to see my replies?

You're looking for the run relay, not blower motor.

Swop
Swap with rear window defrost , still no fan

Do you have an incandescent test light?

only 2 wires hot red/Yel and red/org on the controller nothing hot on the large wires on the blower switch side

The control head doesn't supply power to the blower motor.

Reassemble anything that is apart such as the control head.

With the key on is there power at fuse 42 in the PDC?

No pwr at fuse 42, but blower come on with jumper between pin 30 and 87 on the run relay and fuse 42 then hot
Where does the ground come from to pull the run relay

The FCM is what turns the relay on.

Locate diode number 2 in the PDC and carefully note it's direction. It has to be reinserted the same direction as it is removed.

Remove the relay and turn the key on. Does one terminal that engages the diode have ground?

grd at diode

If there is ground at the diode then the FCM is commanding the relay on. The problem has to be an open circuit internal in the PDC if there is no ground at the run relay.

if I run a jumper from the diode to the to the relay grd I should be good. Of course it will be on me legally��

Yes, you could set the circuit up to run externally of the PDC from the diode to relay. The alternative would be to replace the PDC, which is part of the chassis wiring harness, and may be discontinued due to age.

Ok Thanks

You're welcome!

Please remember to rate my performance before leaving the site as that is the only way I receive credit for helping you.

Good luck with your car!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician