sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

07 Pacifica with Code C342D - Manufacturer Control? Code

Customer Question

07 Pacifica with Code C342D - Manufacturer Control?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Code C342D
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes plan to.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

C342D doesn't show to be a valid code for this vehicle so there is most likely a compatibility issue with whatever you read the code with.

What kind of problem are you trying to diagnose?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My Pacifica keeps making a weird noise randomly in the front, sounds like its near the top of the engine & the red lighting bolt comes on randomly, but mainly after start up in the morning & while cruising but the cruising part is random plus this will also kick off my cruise control causing the vehicle to go onto limp mode with the traction stability, abs, and engine light all lit up.I've replace the throttle body, foot accel with sensor attached, new battery, tune-up, front end work, and still having this problem.Done battery disconnects & still happens random but becoming daily now even multiple times a day.Bad PCM? TIPM?

What fault codes are setting in the PCM? They will be P codes. If you're disconnecting the battery you're clearing fault codes that are necessary to begin diagnosis.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
P0456, P02096, P0133

None of these are electronic throttle control related. You're going to need to allow the light to come on again and then read codes again.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did already & gave u the current codes.

None of these are electronic throttle control related.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What do you think is the possible cause of the 3 I listed??PCM? TPIM?

The three codes? None of these will be a module issue. The evap leak code is either an actual leak or a bad ESIM. The other two codes are an oxygen sensor issue.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Esim or Esm?

ESIM.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
One Last question. I have the gas cap message listed on my dash. Possible cause?

That's related to the evap leak code and is either being caused by a leak or the ESIM.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you

You're welcome!