Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got a P0073 code when I had it checked because the engine…

Customer Question
I got a P0073...

I got a P0073 code when I had it checked because the engine light came on and the climate control in the cabin stopped working. We replaced the ambient air temperature sensor, and the engine light is still on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

It's a Dodge actually.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chrysler?

2012 Dodge Challenger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Challenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. We replaced the ambient air

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Temperature sensor.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok.

Hey how are you

Please read below the trouble shoot for this fault code DTC P0073 and click on link to view list of the most possible causes for this issue

P0073-AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH

Zoom and Print Options

For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information.

- When Monitored:
With the ignition on. Battery voltage greater than 10.4 volts.

- Set Condition:
The Ambient Air Temperature (AAT) sensor input voltage is above the maximum acceptable value. One Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.

Zoom and Print Options

Always perform the Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting procedure before proceeding. See: Computers and Control Systems > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview > Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting Procedure.

1. DTC IS ACTIVE

NOTE: Diagnose any CAN - C Communication DTCs before continuing.

NOTE: Diagnose and repair any system voltage DTCs before continuing with this test.

1. Start the engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature.

WARNING: When the engine is operating, do not stand in direct line with the fan. Do not put your hand near the pulleys, belts, or fan. Do not wear loose clothing. Failure to follow these instructions can result in possible serious or fatal injury.

2. With the scan tool, select View DTCs.

Does the scan tool display this DTC as active?

Yes

- Go To 2

No

- Refer to CHECKING FOR AN INTERMITTENT DTC Diagnostic Procedure. See: Computers and Control Systems > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview > Intermittent Condition Test

2. AAT SENSOR
1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Disconnect the AAT Sensor harness connector.
3. Connect a jumper wire between the (G31) AAT Signal circuit and the (G931) AAT Return circuit in the AAT harness connector.
4. Turn the ignition on.
5. With a scan tool, read the AAT voltage.

Is the voltage below 1.0 volt with the jumper wire installed?

Please let me know if you received the links and you can view them

Thank You

Chad Farhat

e8c3a4e4-eecc-42de-a932-...gife8c3a4e...gif6294e495-1258-4f43-8070-...gif6294e49...gif00fe9a9f-0f73-41ad-ba4d-...gif00fe9a9...gif4fb64d85-4d54-460a-a4f0-...gif4fb64d8...gif7dc9b03f-4a03-4fbd-9e18-...gif7dc9b03...gif

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat