How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bill Your Own Question
bill, chrysler master tech
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 1632
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to replace the upper wiring harness under the intake

Customer Question

I need to replace the upper wiring harness under the intake manifold in my 2005 Chrysler Town and Country. I'm trying to determine what is the actual part I need to purchase to replace the wiring harness
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chrysler Town and Country. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: No but thank you
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 7 months ago.

is this the wiring with the injectors? and which engine is in your minivan 3.3 V6 3.8 V6 or the 2.4 4 cylinder

and so you have an EGR valve on the engine

there are a few different part numbers for that harness depending on the engine and emissions configuration

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country 3.3L V6. They stated that the wiring harness under the intake manifold (upper harness not lower) needed to be replaced
Expert:  bill replied 7 months ago.

ok that's not a lot of help BUT let me see if i can get you a couple of part numbers and prices this will be a dealer only part

Expert:  bill replied 7 months ago.

ok there are 2 harnesses possible DEPENDS on when the van was built

IF it was built BEFORE 1/15/2004 it's part number 04868908AA and has a list price of 291.00

IF it was built AFTER 1/15/2004 it's part number 04868633AD and has a list price of 465.00

you will need the vin to order the harness you CAN google those 2 part numbers and possibly find them cheaper however you have to include shipping and hope the online dealer orders the correct part as electrical parts are RARELY returnable

you might try a salvage yard but you will need to search the yards in person with your harness in hand to be sure you get the correct part and many times salvage yards do not save wiring or will not disassemble a good engine to get a wiring harness

Expert:  bill replied 7 months ago.

this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service

each expert is an independent "contractor" and is only paid for their time when you rate the service 3 stars or higher

any positive ratings allow me to assist you with this question in the future if you need, if you have further questions please ASK, I am here to help as well as I can

Expert:  bill replied 7 months ago.

checking in to see if you still need assistance

i see you haven't placed a rating as of yet