Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

My town & country, the wipers won't go off and the inside

Customer Question

My town & country , the wipers won't go off and the inside light won't come on but it will start
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to just answer. You have a failing TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module), or a communication issue between the TIPM and the other computers in the van. The TIPM is the under hood fuse box and it contains electronic circuits that control many of the van's electrical systems including the wipers. What needs to be done is to ask the dealer or a capable shop to connect their WiTech scan tool to the van and determine if it is the TIPM or a CAN bus communication issue. This is the best way to diagnose this. Otherwise you would just be guessing and throwing parts at it.

I hope this helps, and gives you an idea as to what this is,

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hello, just checking to see how it is going with the van.

Chris