Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

I have a 2011 chrysler town and country that is having

Customer Question

I have a 2011 chrysler town and country that is having problems starting and also is dying.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When it has problem starting it loses all power and you have to push the brake pedal multiple times then the dash may light back up and will start. The stalling occurs when turning. I have previously replaced the TIPM.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this last time it stalled and completely went dead. Sometimes when this happens if you move the battery or connections it works again
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

there is a TSB bulletin on battery cables from Battery to starter an alternator

did you check for being loose or corroded on battery side an starter side?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will check one other thing I forgot to mention is sometimes driving down the highway all the sudden the instruments will go crazy i.e. Speedometer will go to zero and back. Car doesn't lose all power though.

I would pull the IP cluster off and check electrical connector for any backed out pins making poor or intermittent connection

spray electrical contact cleaner & retest

check all ground connection from frame to block also

i m online daily from 7 am till late eastern time ,just let me know

Please read below how to get in touch with me

Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat