sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

When the traction control comes on, the car stops running

Customer Question

when the traction control comes on, the car stops running all lights go out and the steering wheel locks up. put the car back in park, starts right up and runs fine.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are may things that will cause the engine to die and it will require some testing to determine the cause of the issue. The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting in each module and testing can be done from there. Do you know what codes are setting?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There were no fault codes set when we scanned the car. also I was wrong about the steering wheel locking up, after I drove the car myself I found that the car just stalls out going down the road. The wheel feels like its locked because the engine is not running. You stop the car, put it in park and it starts. While driving the car with the scan tool plugged in at one point the mass air flow dropped to 4.2 ? I am sure the traction control has any thing to do with it ether, its just that it never stalls when its turn off.

The reason warning lights come on is because fault codes set. Are you using something that doesn't have the capability to communicate with the ABS module?