Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My ves and homelink quit working. I just had a flash update

Customer Question

my ves and homelink quit working . I just had a flash update and no luck
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2008 town and country touring
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. the battery thing and and looked for disconnections in the wires
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: yes and no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this issue occurred after the flash update was done this can be caused by a fault with the update that was done on your model here.It may have corrupted the operation of these here and may need re flashed to correct this.If this was an issue before and after the flash was done let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No this happened before the flash. Was hoping that it would have fixed the problem but it didn't.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Did both of these quit working at the same time?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they came back on for a little bit then went off.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately after looking through my diagrams here on this model I do not see how some of this is powered up myself which the power needs checked to these components.Someone else here should have this info though.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Brad replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Do you still need help with this? If yes then reply back with your VIN so I can research your issues..

Thanks,

Brad

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
vin # 2a8HR54p98R133184