Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2004 Sebring LTD - Battery good, turn key nothing, no click.

Customer Question

2004 Sebring LTD - Battery good, turn key nothing, no click. Is there a fuse in the circuit that I need to check? My guess is the EMC
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: same problem in park or neutral. Not sure about wheel lock car wheels are straight
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing not sure where to start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** will be glad to try to help. If you have power to all accessories in the car including lights but no start or cranking over test for power to the small signal wire on the starter solenoid with the keyswitch in the cranking position. If there is power there you have a bad starter since the starter should crank the engine over when that small wire is powered. If there is no power there check the fuses, relays, and neutral safety switch for automatic trans and clutch switch for manual. Let me know