Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

The Chrysler will not start at times. Turn the key and it

Customer Question

The Chrysler will not start at times. Turn the key and it click and hum.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006 300 base model
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have had the battery, starter, starter relay replaced so far. It is currently back in the shop with the same starting intermittently problem. Mechanic says its the starter.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had transmission work done on the car. this began happening after that.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  mike switzer replied 10 months ago.

it is not un common for new or reman starters to go bad quickly after being replaced. and based on oyur description it sounds as if the starter is bad. when the starter was replaced how long did it last without the issue?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your advice, however, it did not fix my issue. the car still will not start at times.
Expert:  Amedee replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

Different expert here.

Did you still need help?

If so, please let me know.

I will be happy to help!