Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I picked up my CPO 2015 Chrysler 200c 4C/2.4L the day before

Thanksgiving and it ran beautifully...
I picked up my CPO 2015 Chrysler 200c 4C/2.4L the day before Thanksgiving and it ran beautifully. On Friday afternoon the fuel level was 1/4 of a tank and I decided to fill it up with 87 octane regular unleaded, after filling the tank I replaced the gas cap and turned it until it clicked.
Within 3/4 of mile after leaving the gas station the check. engine light came on. When I slowed for a red light a further 2 miles down the road, as soon as the RPM's started to come down engine noise increased, the car started to shudder and it acted as if it were going to stall. After the light turned green, I had to really squash the accelerator down to get the car moving as the RPM's came up engine operation seemed to normalize and it ran fine for the 10 more miles I drove it before going home.
Later that evening I went out again, the car started fine and ran fine for about 4 miles and then it started losing power, sounding loud, not shifting properly, and shuddering - it was particularly bad at intersections when the engine comes back to idle and becomes very rough sounding and running. I pulled the car into an Autozone and had them read the codes. there were several faults:
P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire detected - this appeared 3 times
P1065 ECM Power Supply Circuit
P1035 Nitrogen Oxides Sensor Range Performance Problem - this appeared 2 times
P1041 Injector 2 Supply Voltage Short Circuit
The report then states that this is a known problem with this vehicle and that the fix is a new ignition coil and spark plugs.
When it first started happening I thought I may have gotten a tank full of bad gas. What do you think? Is it just a coincidence that this all happened almost immediately after filling the tank?
Thanks for your time and efforts. I love the car, but, I'm a little leery going into this now with this happening only 2 days into owning it. If it's a CPO vehicle - wouldn't the inspection they do for certification have caught these things?
P1041
11/27/2016
topdogpeter

Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** here to help you. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. Before we start what model Chrysler is this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As indicated in the first sentence, CPO 2015 Chrysler 200c 4C/2.4 L

Thank you. give me a moment to organize my answer.

Other then code P0301 which is a misfire code I cannot find those other codes. are you sure they are correct? I will show you all the trouble code Chrysler uses from 02 to present. Besides I don't think this is likely they would all go off the same time , so what I suggest is to treat this as bad fuel cancel the codes and run that fuel out. I would go to your auto parts supplier and ask for a good fuel system cleaner with moisture remover in it.. You can also if your handy to drain some of that fuel that's in the tank into a clear glass jar and let it sit over night and see if there is any separation or contamination in it. Then see if any or which codes may return. http://www.allpar.com/fix/computer-codes.html

Hope this helps you and if you require further help I'll be happy to do so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm reading the codes right off from the report they printed - I'll attach a copy of it to this response. I used this website: http://www.obd-data.com/ to get their definitions which I cut and pasted into my first message. Maybe there is a Chrysler equivalent if they use their own codes?Anyway, thanks for getting back to me. I'm going to go and get the fuel system cleaner and put it and a couple of gallon of premium in the tank and see what happens. How do I clear the codes? How long will it take to see some improvement? Has there been any lasting damage to the engine because of this?

Thjanx for that info , there are a couple of ways you can delete the codes , the best one is to pull the EFI fuse for about 15 -20 seconds, the other way is to disconnect the neg battery terminal same length of time and reattach it but then you will have to reset the clock and radio stations , also it may have to go through a learning period.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see no listing in the manual for a EFI fuse. What does EFI stand for?

Electronic fuel induction, it could be under ECU fuse

DanTheCarGuy

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

DanTheCarGuy
DanTheCarGuy
DanTheCarGuy
DanTheCarGuy