Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

The problem I have is that I try to use my key fobe but it

Customer Question

The problem I have is that I try to use my key fobe but it is notworking. Then when I put the key in the ignition it then sets of the alarm - so I thought it was a key fobe issue. But the other interesting thing is that there is a ticking sound coming from the fuse box - without the engine being on and the key being in the ignition
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: It is the right hand fuse box - and the manual doesn't give any info - even in the FAQ section
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Chrysler Grand Voyager - 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Want to try and fix it myself - did just buy a new battery for fobe and that not working. But just wanted to know how to try and working out what the issue is
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope - think that is all the info
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- The Vehicle battery has 12 volts on it , can you check

2- Sound the alarm is triggered on . if the key fob in battery died it will loose sync with car.

Try this below procedure after you make sure you have 12 volt on the battery

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Chad - tried your suggestion - but this hasn't worked. As soon as re-connected the battery - the high frequency ticking started again from the 'IPM and Relay Fuse' black box . Then completed the above procedure and again the car will not start when putting the keys into the ignition and the alarm goes off
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Definitely normally do no hear this ticking - so reckon this has got to be the symptom of the issue

please can you check starter relay , I sent you location

it is in the TIPM( Totally integrated power module ) if relay is good ,usualyh that module is the issue , but testing will be needed

a factory scanner can communicate with tipm to test it

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat