Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

The problem I have is I need to figure out what fuse

powers/operates the windshield wipers. It's...
The problem I have is I need to figure out what fuse powers/operates the windshield wipers. It's a 1999 Chrystler Seabring LX
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: There is power to it, problem is I cannot turn off the wipers.
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm fixing it myself. So far I've tried charing the battery. Long story short the battery got drained by the wipers not being able to be shut off I assume, unless it's something else.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a used v6 and I also had something else wierd happen to it. SOmething behind the CD player poped and then smoke started coming out of the cd player. Whatever it is stopped smoking now, if the cd player took a dump thats fine.
11/22/2016
Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

No need to request a phone call, but please give me a moment to type my response.

Sure, go ahead.

Based on the wiring diagram it appears that fuse #9 is the power source for the wipers. This is fuse 9 in the interior fuse box.

Please remove it and let me know.

Thanks.

Ok, I will be right back. I will try and identify fuse #9, and remove it.

I believe the cover will have numbers on it, if not, let me know I might be able to find a diagram and determine which one is #9

Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician
The irony is that since the car is used the cover for the interior fuse box is missing. Thankfully I was able to remove the fuse. Hopefully that does it. If not I will bug you or someone later once the battery charges. HOPEFULLY though that remedies the problem. Thank you for your assistance Mike. Luckily most of the fuses were labeled 10 or 20 so spotting a 9 was easy.

That's good news, but it's a yellow 20 amp fuse, fuse #9 is it's position.

I assume if the wipers stopped you got the right one, if the wipers weren't going, then let me see if I can locate a diagram just to be sure you got the right one!

Ok, yup I pulled the right one. That would explain why I went where is the 9 they all say 15,20,30 etc. Then I thought oh wait 1,2,3,etc.

Ok, good, I just wanted to be sure!!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Also, please remember to rate my answer.
Thanks so much!

I did, and thank you for the help. If anything else pops, smokes, or blows up I will be back for assistance.

Sounds good, I likely won't be here after 5 pm eastern tonight, but if you leave a message I will certainly get back to you when I sign back on.

Thank you for the rating, I really appreciate it!

Mike V.v
Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician