Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

08 aspen lights flickered radio went on and off now it won't

Customer Question

08 aspen lights flickered radio went on and off now it won't turn over or anything just the red security light
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: Solid no how do that? Locks won't work pretty much nothing works
JA: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunatley

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could it just be the battery?

off course a low voltage battery will cause alarm to go off

make sure you have 12 volts on battery, charge battery & retest , make sure it is holding the charge .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Alarm is not going off car just has absolutely no power, won't turn over does not click no lights no locks nothing... except the dim red light on dash. Yesterday dash lights flickered and random lights would come on and go off on dash

Check battery for 12 volts.

i need to know what i have on battery to continue

are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
12v tried jumping no luck

ok but do you 12 volt on battery , when you jumped it ,did it turn over ,did it crank & not start ?

hey ,just checking on you & see if you need additional help on it