Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2006 chrysler pacifica Fwd 3.5 liter, coolant leak from

Customer Question
passenger side,water pump timing belt...
2006 chrysler pacifica Fwd 3.5 liter, coolant leak from passenger side,water pump timing belt replaced at goodyear 2months ago, leak occurs only at night while vehicle is cooling down, the timing cover isnt wet, neither is under the crank pulley believe it is the water inlet housing, what is the replacement procedure?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
11/19/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. seems to me good year did a crappy job putting the water outlet pipe back into the back of the waterpump housing. maybe didn't replace the o ring.

here ya go

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Greetings the pics are for the 3.3 and 3.8, the 3.5 is the motor I have sir, it doesnt have an inlet "pipe" just a housing, and I know where it is located, I want a removal replace procedure
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm unable to post material directly from the service information due to copyright but can help as necessary.

It appears you haven't actually located the source of the leak? Before jumping to replacing parts you'd need to know the actual source of the leak.

Are you able to upload a picture of the area where it is leaking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found the source after administering a pressure test, then I removed removed the ps pump reservoir mounting bolts to move it out the way, then removed the radiator fan asseembly, then the exhaust manifold , gave me access to the water inlet housing upon removal the gasket crumbled, installed dorman part #(###) ###-####which is the new metal housing and new gasket, put it all back together bled the system, ran up to temperature and checked for leaks, van is leak free now. Thank u for your reply.

I'm glad you got it repaired!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician