Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Blows cold air on passenger side when heater is on. but

Customer Question
blows hot air on driver...
blows cold air on passenger side when heater is on. but blows hot air on driver side
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: all those things was replaced along with heater coil less then a year ago.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to but I'm unsure how to tell what the problem is.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just spent $1500 bucks at the dealership two weeks ago getting lifters, rockers, vaule cover gaskets etc, repaired because of a ticking noice in the engine. Is it possiable that something was not hooked back up correctly
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
11/17/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

I would say that one of two things is happening:

Either the dealership didn't get the cooling system bled out properly after they repairs were done and there is an air-pocket in the cooling system causing the heater to not work as well.

Or

The blend door actuator that controls the temperature of the air from the heater is stuck and isn't switching to hot on the passenger side.

Do you have dual zone control or single?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dual

What model is your car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No call is necessary at this time. but can I ask another questionon a different matter?

Oh, sorry. That's an automated request. I usually warn the customer about it. It doesn't come from me. The computer does it.

Sure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The eyebrow strip in my passenger side headlight isn't working. Do the entire light fixture have to be replaced or can it be repaired?

I'm not sure. They are usually an LED strip and can't be repaired and have to be replaced.

What model is your car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2011
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
200 Limited

In that case the heat problem is definitely an air pocket rather than a blend door actuator. This car uses only one actuator for both sides.

The headlight eyebrow is inside the headlight assembly. I've never tried to pull one apart to see if there is anything that can be repaired when they stop working. We just replace the assembly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks very much. I have an appointment for the 28th but wanted to know if it would be the blend door actuator that may be bad. So I hope they don't try to pull a Okey-dok on me. Goodby.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Also, please don't forget to rate. That's how Just Answer compensates me for my time.

Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician