Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

T&C cruse control turn on intermediately for no reason. When

Customer Question
it turns on it is...
T&C cruse control turn on intermediately for no reason. When it turns on it is OK. ALSO, one night the auto headlight did not turn on. ..but has not recurred. The car a 2012,has the original battery. I suspect that. ???
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine? What confuses you?
Customer: Not check fuse...confused as to why it turns on most of the time and then does not...even during the same trip .
JA: What is the model of your '12 Chrysler?
Customer: VIN IS: 2C4RC1BG6CR359443
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: At 86 years of age not working on cars anymore...so will take it to an indy
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Still wondering why the lights did not turn on automatically
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
11/16/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will be free after 1:30 ET today.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Text or call at(###) ###-####

The more common cause for the cruise control turning on when you did not request it is going to be a clock spring between the steering column and steering wheel that is likely faulty. Someone will need to access this part and do some ohm testing on it.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Evidently I did not make it clear -- when I press the ON button the cruse indicator does not show up and of course does not work. This happens intermittently -- not all the time.Also, one time only, the headlights did not turn on automatically.This is our problem -- what should I do? Mileage is at 44,500 miles and this has been on off for the cruse control since it was out of warranty, of course.

Thanks for the update, the clock spring can still be the cause. With a scan tool we can diagnose this easily. Without one this can be diagnosed with a volt meter but only when the issue is occurring.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician