Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler Pacifica 2005 had jumped it and drove it. The car

Customer Question
was then left running sitting...
Chrysler Pacifica 2005 had jumped it and drove it. The car was then left running sitting in park when my husband touched the door through the window and it died. Won't restart
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we are. Tried starting fluid sounds like the fuel pump has shut off like security issue or something. Fuses good
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: Original
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a 2004 not a 2005
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello answers
11/11/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Its possible the anti theft system triggered. Will it start after a battery disconnect reset?

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica that cranks but will not start, after doing a seris of tests I have found that the vehicle has no spark, and that I am only receiving .4 Volts at the coils. Could you give me some ideas of where to go from here?

The ASD relay when energized is what powers the BR/WH wire to the coils and injectors with the key on. Is fuse 37 25amp under the hood good and does it have battery voltage?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all fuses are good
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have also replaced the cam and crank sensor and the speed sensor

At PCM connector 3 pin 3 BR/GY wire, with the key on and a meter testing this wire at the back of the connector, is this wire a ground? If not, if you run a ground wire to this wire do you then have power to the coils and will it start?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Checked out fine, it was grounded, didn't start. Pain in the behind to get to.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thinking Timing belt ?...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could that cause this.

The timing belt would not cause no voltage to the coils.

Remove the ASD relay. Are there 2 pins there with power?

With the key on and the ASD relay installed does it click in your finger tips?

Did adding the ground get power to your coils?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2004's has ASC or ASD? is that a automatic shutdown relay
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nevermind on that question have to wait for my help to get back to test it with my fingertips I tested it with my sensor and it tested good

Thanks, ***** ***** when ready.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Relays good
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Adding ground didn't do it either

We need to test the wiring right outside of the relay to see why the relay is working but not getting power to the coils. Can you read wire diagrams?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The coils are getting power but only when it's cranking. When it's in the run position but not cranking it's getting no voltage and I thought should have a 12 volt constant on it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should it?

The coils should have power with the key on and while cranking from the ASD relay closing and sending power out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can read a wiring diagram
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have one to send me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yup
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well it does have power only when cranking
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When not cranking it has no power in the run position
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When key is in act position DVD player lights constantly flash back and forth does that indicate a problem that's preventing it from starting
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When key is on period
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Grasping at straws here
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What know?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now

Is there spark now when cranking?

Sending an offer that allows me to upload diagrams.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have spark
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Apparently not electrical

Since you have spark now, do you have fuel pressure, injector pulse, compression, and will it start briefly using starting fluid?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have compression, but I do not have fuel pressure, and it will not start using starting fluid.

If it will not start on starting fluid then you do not have compression or spark. Can you reconfirm those are working?

Changed plugs, now it's backfiring through the intake. Blew the air filter box apart.
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 12 months ago

Backfiring means you have valve damage, or it is out of time as long as your getting this result not on starting fluid.

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician