Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Intermittent cold air and clicking noise behind glove nox

Customer Question

Intermittent cold air and clicking noise behind glove nox with car on OR off
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Thinking blend door and has been making noise over a year. A/C issue as of yesterday
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2013 Chrysler 200
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 200
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 9 months ago.

hi im David and it is indeed the blend door, the ticking was the actuator trying to find the correct commanded position, now its probably rounded out the door post completely.

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  Robert R replied 9 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

From the description of your concern, it leads me to believe you are having a problem with the Recirculation Door Actuator. The intermittent cold air and the clicking is the clue to the Recirc Actuator. The problem is the Actuator itself, the gears have internally stripped which causes the clicking noise. Replace the Recirculate Door actuator and all should be well.

To replace the actuator, remove the glove box assembly and you will be able to easily access the recirc door actuator for replacement....

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.