Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Just replaced my starter on 1998 chrysler sebring conv and

Customer Question
hi just replaced my starter...
hi just replaced my starter on 1998 chrysler sebring conv and it doesent ingage on car just spins please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/2/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Was this a new starter? Also when the starter was out did you inspect the teeth of the flywheel? If the teeth are broken it would cause this problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was new he said flywheel was fine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have already paid 25.00

I would take the starter back out and exchange it for a different one. Also verify you the engine turns over with a socket on the crank pulley.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when we jumped it off outside the car it worked good

Is it the correct part?

Did you compare it to the old starter?

There are only 2 things that can cause the starter to spin and not engage, flywheel and starter itself.

Dan, ASE Master Technician