Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I replaced the body control module in my 95 LHS. It cured

Customer Question

I replaced the body control module in my 95 LHS. It cured the no wipers, interior lights staying on, etc. But now it won't start. Runs for a second or two then dies. I can hold the accelerator down a little and it will run a second or two longer. Is there a reset or reprogramming that needs to be done or did I get a bad used module?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.

Hi there.

You can replace your BCM with a used one from a salvage yard as long as the part number from yours matches that of the replacement unit and neither vehicle has factory security system (VTSS). If your vehicle has the factory security system (VTSS), the BCM from another vehicle will not work. If you don't have VTSS, you would need to make sure that the donor vehicle didn't either.

Dealers usually shy away from re-programming used modules - some might no longer have the programming available. A new replacement BCM would have to be programmed to your vehicle's VIN.

Best Regards.