Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I am attempting to program my homelink garage door button. I

Customer Question

I am attempting to program my homelink garage door button. I hold down the 2 buttons as directed, but the red light does not come on. I have tried this many times.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The light next to the homelink button
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2015 chrysler 200
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its a 200.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am following the manual instructions. In order to program the homelink you must hold 2 buttons down until the red homelink light goes on. It never goes on.
JA: I'm an assistant to the Chrysler Mechanic. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: What is the charge for this service
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Chrysler Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to an internal electrical fault in the garage door opener control module/ecu itself.I have seen some fail in the past before needing replaced.Being a 2015 model this may be covered under factory warranty to be replaced at no cost to you as well as diagnosed.I would have this checked into further to see if this is the cause here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete