sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler 200 record door actuator clicking, very irritating.

Customer Question

Chrysler 200 record door actuator clicking, very irritating. Not sure if it covered under under the power train warranty
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: two weeks. Behind glove box click, click, click.. even when car is off.
JA: What year is your 300?
Customer: 200. And year 2013
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 4 door
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I fix myself? I heard it was over $900 to fix if you go to the Dealer and it is not covered under the Powertrain warranty is that true? It seems to be a pretty common problem. Not sure why there wasn't a recall from Chrysler on this issue. I'm thinking I can unplug it to stop the noise if I can't afford $900 to fix.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I meant the Re circulation door. Typo above.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm a lady with limited tools ;). I do have ratchet wrenches and phillips screw drivers, pliers.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The recirculation door actuator would not be covered by a powertrain warranty because it isn't part of the powertrain.

Whether or not you can repair it yourself depends on your personal ability and comfort level and what you have for tools. Replacing the recirc actuator just requires removing the glovebox, unplugging the actuator and removing it's screws and shouldn't take more than an hour with moderate skills.