Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

P1698 code. P1698 tried reset input output sensors and new

Customer Question
p1698 code JA: Just to clarify...
p1698 code
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: p1698 tried reset input output sensors and new tcm
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2001 pt cruiser
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes checked pin outs and frayed wires put in new input and out put speed sensors and a new tcm
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a p1698 code on my pt cruiser it is in limp home mode. I changed the input and output sensors and tcm I also checked all the pin outs from tcm for breakage and fraying. also al gauges work but speedometer not working
10/27/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

SYMPTOM P1698-NO CCDIJ185O MESSAGE FROM TCM

WHEN MONITORED Equipped with automatic transmission, engine running, transmission in drive, vehicle road speed and battery voltage greater than 10.4 volts.

SET CONDITION No bus messages from the TCM for 10 seconds, two consecutive trips required.

POSSIBLE CAUSES - Powertrain control module

Ok, you need to check the connectors and pins at the PCM for bent pins for bad wiring and repair as needed. If ok, then you need to replace the PCM

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just finished plugging every thing back in now new code no bus 60 pin out put
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did the cluster test all gauges sweep as they should

So did you replace the PCM or just check the connectors pins at it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just checked the connectors and pins
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ordered 1 yesterday
Do you no longer need help?
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician