Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

P0112 code low voltage into the air intake sensor, replaced

Customer Question

p0112 code low voltage into the air intake sensor, replaced air sensor yesterday, car run rough intermitttently or dies at idel sometime, really hard to start in mornings like no fuel but plenty of fuel pressure. replaced crankshaft sensor several months ago andfixed the old problem of stalling for no apparent reason and not starting intermittently
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: not fuel sensor. low voltage at air intake sensor
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2000 sebring convertable 2.5.
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new coolant sensor, new air intake sensor , new cap and rotor, had a problem with egr tube gasket leaking vacuum and fixed that but random rough idle and stalling and extremely hard starting intermittently
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hello

I'd suggest to trace the coolant sensor wiring back to the ECU and check it for insulation damage and corroded connections as you go

if this is OK then also check the air filter isn't clogged and also check for exhaust leaks before the O2 sensor as if this has been experiencing an exhaust leak then it will have been running very rich as the sensor will see the extra air pulled in as fresh / lean fuelling and be adding fuel to compensate.

this can lead to catalyst failure as the extra fuel can re-light inside and melt the catalyst

The best way to find an exhaust leak is to run the engine from cold and feel around the exhaust joints with your bare hands - you'll have about 30 seconds before it all gets too hot and you should feel any escaping gas blowing over your fingers

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you