Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have 2004 chrysler sebring with 2.7 engine I had bad fuel

Customer Question
Hello I have 2004 chrysler...
Hello I have 2004 chrysler sebring with 2.7 engine I had bad fuel injector on cylinder 1, once I replaced car want start. I have power to ignition coils on cyl 1 and 4 only, I try to replace crank and cam sensors no change. I check wires from each coil to ecm is fine. What else I need to check?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
10/26/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- I sent you the circuit diagram for the injectors & coils .click on the blue link it will open up the diagrams

2- first we have a 20 amp fuse in the power distribution box and The auto shut down relay in that same fuse box they power up the ignition coil & injectors

is the fuse good? have you checked relay or swapped it with a know good one

3- the other side of the circuit on the coils and injectors in the ECM ground ?

4- what are you missing ?you can check with a test light are you missing power on the rest of the coils and or injectors or you missing grlund or both?

Please let me know what you have on these circuit so we can continue troubleshooting it ?

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just check all fuses all good but i dont have power on fuse 24 and 25 which for auto shutdown
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have power while cranking
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have good ground on all 6 coils, all injectors works (spark plugs wet) just no power on 4 coils

on the red wire going into the relay from ecm C1 Connector, look at the circuit you will see red wire from ecm to relay says B+ that is a fused wire , what do you have there ?

wiggle thee wiring harness on the ecm at C1 and while you wiggle the harness try to start it

do you have another relay like it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To which relay?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on the pin 29 plug c1 i dont have anything and its not red wire its light green whit red stripe
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On the diagram which you sent I can see c3 plug on the ecm I dont have one I have 2 plugs

i looked up 03 04 05 sebring 2.7 liter , that is the wire color i m getting , but don't worry about the color does it go to auto shut down relay that wire from ecm?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No my on the left side between air and fuse box
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have v6 2.7 vin R with 2 plugs ecm
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2004 chrysler sebring convertible

ok that changes the diagrams ,I sent you the correct diagram

we have a 30 AMP fuse # 14 in the fuse box that feeds the auto shut down relay and from there a rd/tn wire to the next fuse in the fuse box fuse #24, 20 amp then DG/LG wire to the injectors & ignition coil on (should be power 12 volts ) and the other side of the coils & injectors is the PCM ground control

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

and that will be 2 connectors only on the PCM ,you are correct

I sent ypu location picture for it

4ce4b247-5f38-4708-ad45-...gif4ce4b24...gifcc1f4add-e62f-4669-8d67-...gifcc1f4ad...gif672fc02c-fcdd-4515-86b7-...gif672fc02...gif0bd43c92-6f12-4111-9683-...gif0bd43c9...gif
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All fuses OK, what else could be? Bad pcm?

yes if all is good ,they are common about a bad PCM if the auto shut down relay is good

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat