Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

I have a 2004 PT Cruiser with a "no fuse" warning and no int

Customer Question

I have a 2004 PT Cruiser with a "no fuse" warning and no int light, radio or fob central locking. The IOD fuse is fine but the int light just (10amp red) keeps blowing. Car has new battery and is running well in all other regards. It has been sitting on the lawn for about 6 months. I have heard horror stories of cracked circuit boards but seen others who say a computer reset should do the trick. Just wanted to make sure I had exhausted the at-home remedies before taking a trip to the sparky. Car was just serviced a few days ago and my mechanic noted the fuse kept blowing.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: battery all good. That would not account for radio, fuse blowing or interior lights ...
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not fixing myself .. as above just trying to eliminate a simple fix prior to getting the auto electrician to take a look
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just want to know if a computer reset is worth a try
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is Vlad.

Unfortunately, resetting a computer will not help with a blowing fuse issue.

There must be a short circuit that causes the fuse to pop up.

If you have aftermarket radio or anything else aftermarket fitted to you car, I would start from inspecting how it was connected as that would be the most probable reason for a short issue.

Otherwise, you will have to trace wiring protected by that fuse down to find a the problem.