Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2007 Chrysler pacifical stall up after exit or down after

Customer Question
2007 Chrysler pacifical stall up...
2007 Chrysler pacifical stall up hill after exit or down hill after exit
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I did not explain about noice
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replace EGR valve from orealy auto part . torque convertor replace
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/21/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David. so its stalling after getting off a highway exit? is the check engine light on?

ok. well you need to have the computer scanned for fault codes to see what is turning on the light. is the vehicle overheated? does the check engine light flash off and on at any time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No flash light it even happen when no engine light on. Just had the,transmission rebuild

how long after the rebuild did this start happening?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Right from the shop . I took it to chrysler they told me it need a turq converter. My mechanic replace the turq converter but still not working

#1 rule. dont ever listen to a dealer. your mechanic is going to have to interrogate the tcm and pcm and see what fault codes are stored.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do I do next?

take it to a shop that has a scan tool capable of communicating with the transmission control module.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can the EGR valve cause the problem too cause the code from my scan tool is emission gas circulation control if can remember. I recently put in a an egr valve from orally auto parts. Some one told me it has to be from chrysler dealership that's how they resolve their problem.

the part is exhaust gas recirculation valve. it doesnt need to be directly from the dealer, but when it was replaced, the passage(tube) that it mounts to should have been checked for obstruction from carbon deposits. if that was replaced and the fault code hasnt returned, then thats not going to be the issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The passage tube was not replace and it seems to be black in side. Do they sell that extra if yes what is the name of the part?

it doesnt need to be replaced. it just need to be cleaned out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
With a brush or something. Any idea how will you clean it up?

a long flexible shaft brass brush. they sell them at any harbor freight. use brake parts cleaner to clean it. then you can also use a shop rag to stick down in there after wards to finish the clean up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks I will try that. And I just call chrysler for the part they requested the last 8 Vin for the model to know the egr valve for that model.

yea, they always ask for the last 8 to make sure they get the correct part....

any update?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am replacing the egr valve and I was informed that the transmission fluid was high so I am going to empty that and add fluid

ok. yea you never want the tranny fluid to be overfilled. good call

any update?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think it works. It drive more smoothly and quietly. Let me see in few day but even is fine.

great to hear. please accept the answer and leave me a 5 star rating if you were satisfied with my assistance. i will leave this open after you rate me if you'd like, in case we need to go further. thank you and have a nice day.

still good?

checking in to see if everythings still good

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic