sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2005 convertible top won't goo up or down.down. I can hear

Customer Question

2005 convertible top won't goo up or down.down . I can hear the motor runnig.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 74000 it is an automatic
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If it is a simple fix yes. Tried nothing at this point. However, when I could not get it up I raised it by hand 6 to 8i inches and it slowly went up.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Lose you at some point 2005 pretty cruiser convertible top quit working. It has 74000 miles on it and is an automatic. When it would not go up I manually lifted it up about 8" or so and it slowly went up.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the pump does run then the issue is hydraulic. The fluid may be low due to a leak, the pump may have failed, or the hydraulic release screw may have worked loose. Can you locate the pressure release screw on the pump and make sure that it's tight?