Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

Inside of car got flooded, everything is electric everything

Customer Question

inside of car got flooded, everything is electric everything needs to be removed and the replaced
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

sorry to hear about what happened

was car a water flood car and you purchased & you trying to start it

or car was running fine and you left windows down in rain, how bad is the carpet

what is the car doing now , is there any light on dash ,does it turn over or cranks but don't start ?

in theory the answer to your question is yes , sometimes the harness has to be removed , if water went between wires and shorted them out

Please let me know so i can give a an accurate answer to what you can do next for it ,

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi how r u?
hurricane flooded it everything got wert carpet has to come out, motors for heated seats go wet, everything in car iwet engine is fine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not for that price
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you going to help me still?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello????
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ARE
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER STILL OR NOT PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
SIR, are you still there??????

sorry for the delay was on another call helping another person sorry again

yes i m still here

it takes few minutes to get your reply back to me , it is not as fast as texting sorry .

If we talking that much water , You looking for major trouble my experience with a flood car , best to total the car out if you have insurance out

if no insurance , I would unplug all the electrical connector on all modules and sensors that got wet and use shop air and dry and spray electrical contact clenaer and try to start , that is best you can do , and start replacing modules and sensor as necessary ,sometime you get lucky with one or 2 and sometime you spend weeks doing it and no results , that is the honest correct answer on it

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what would it cost to do all of this the price please

well i can give the worst case scenario since i don't know how many parts needs changed at this time

but for a major all modules replacement ,and ballpark figure estimate will be $ 2000 in parts & $ 1000 to 1500 in labor depending on labor rate,so around $3500

the problem you will run into with a flood car is most dealership will not work on them or independent shop neither and if the did they want give you any kind o warranty since we taking water issue and water can create problem down the road of burning more modules .

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician