Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2010 Chysler 300 when i step on the brake the pedal

HI. I have a 2010...
HI. I have a 2010 Chysler 300 when i step on the brake the pedal makes a noise like clicking & the shifter is moving & clicking I can hear it under the dash too
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: it just started & its coming from the pedal, shifter & under dash
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my son went to spray wd40 behind the pedal but it is covered he cant get to the spring
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: does this cost me anything?
10/13/2016
dcraig1000

Hi Im David, its the brake switch shift interlock that is clicking. its normal for it to click. but if its louder than usual then i would suggest replacing it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it safe to drive for now?

yes, but you should replace it soon.

its a fairly cheap part. and not too bad to replace.

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. thank you and have a great evening.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you

you're welcome

dcraig1000
dcraig1000
dcraig1000
dcraig1000