Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2006 Chrysler 300 2.7L engine. Shuts off while driving,

Customer Question
which I hear is not...
2006 Chrysler 300 2.7L engine. Shuts off while driving, which I hear is not uncommon for that year. Replaced PCM with no luck. Just swapped fuel pump and still happening. Unsure what else in the system might cause this. On occasion I get a flashing voltage light and amber ABS light on right side of instrument cluster. What else is there to consider? I also have a check engine light with O2 sensor code.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
10/7/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- was the PCM replaced a used one or a rebuilt one

2- was all the ground points from engine block to frame checked

3- Did you have it scanned using a factory scanner or equivalent and retrieved any fault codes

4- have the alternator checked for 14 plus volts with all loads on ,ac , radio ,headlight flasher etc..

5- battery checked for 12 volts with load tester

6- have the battery cable from battery to starter and alternator checked for being lose or corroded ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No on most responses. PCM was rebuilt. Only fault code library for O2 sensor issue. Will look into the other possibilities as soon as I can,

ok sounds good let me know

the o2 sensor should not cause this shuts off, it will make you spend more gas but not make shut off

I would like to see the fuel trims reading at idle for long term & short term

have the ABS connector unplug and inspect for any backed out pins make poor contact

same thing for PCM Connector

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat