Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The key won't turn in the ignition (2003 PT Cruiser). The…

Customer Question
The key won't turn in...
The key won't turn in the ignition (2003 PT Cruiser). The steering wheel isn't locked like it should be. I tried a spare key. Worked fine last night.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
10/2/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, it sounds like the tumblers are sticking. The following works like a charm - use hammer and GENTLY tap around the ignition cylinder as you turn the key. It should unstick them and allow the key to turn all the way.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating