Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Sunroof needs new rail kit, the guy it was bought fromhad it…

Customer Question
sunroof needs new rail...

sunroof needs new rail kit, the guy it was bought fromhad it closed and said it was easy to do, trying to close it before rains until the owner cann get the funds for the kit,iv tried everything without luck

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2004, i think

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have tried pushing it from the bottom and run switch, no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only how to get it closed

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
10/2/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the sunroof has one or two broken guides then closing it may not be possible. You almost certainly wouldn't get it closed by any normal means but it depends on the actual failure.

What model is the vehicle?

What happens when pressing the button to open or close it?