Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Subframe rotting out on pt cruiser at 140000 km.This is a

Customer Question

Subframe rotting out on pt cruiser at 140000 km.This is a 2001 that I had oiled regulary by dealership until they stopped doing it.I've just spent over $3000.00 replacing all belts,spark plugs and wires and exhaust and flushed all systems,so I'm not going to scrap the car.Chrysler say that they have no subframes in stock for this model,what can i do?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

When you say subframe, are you referring to the frame the lower control arms attach to and the rear engine mount bolts to? Or are you referring to the body that frame bolts to? Here is a photo.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lower control attach to and the rear engine mount bolts to.
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 year ago.

The only thing I could suggest is to repair, which may not be possible due to the rust damage. Or used. I see you are in Canada. What is your postal code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased a subframe on e bay.Meineke will install it for me.Thanks.
Expert:  Cary York replied 12 months ago.

Thank you. You take care.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Got what I needed thanks

OK