Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

The code300-202, the idle is not working properly I had to

Customer Question
the code###-##-####300-202 JA: Just to clarify...
the code###-##-####300-202
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: the idle is not working properly I had to have it towed to the mechanic because it would die on me after I put the gas
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005 Chrysler 300 HEMI
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was just talking to one
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
9/13/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order for the engine to start and stay running you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injector and proper fuel pressure. If you can have your mechanic start with checking each one of these thing and post back with the result as well as running a systems scan to see if there are any fault codes setting I will see if I can help you determine the cause.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My mechanic gets two codes P1521 and P 0300. I have a 300 Chrysler Hemi. I was on empty and stopped at chevron to get gas. It would Idle and then drop so I had to tow my baby to the mechanic :(
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My mechanic looked at it and is trying to figure what is wrong. He thinks maybe something electrical that is preventing it from starting there is a piece he showed me but up front a box like thing but I don't know the name.

The code P0300 means the computer saw a random engine misfire . The code P1521 in most cases set due to a failing engine oil pressure sensor. Start with making sure the engine has the correct oil in it and the pressure is okay and if so, replacing the oil pressure sender will usually resolve this concern.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But the car would idle then all of sudden drop. With a weird loud idle.

Neither one of these code should affect the engine idle speed , that being said I would have them address the code P1521 first and see if doing so clears the stalling concern.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if the oil was correct would the mechanic have to replace the oil pressure sender? How could he test it?

Yes, if the oil checks okay then he would check it by removing the old sending unit and installing a manual gauge to verify you have good oil pressure and if that checks okay then the sending unit would need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The mechanic said he will check on the oil pressure switch and if it is not that then he wants me to call dealership to see about the electric accelerator system.Does that sound correct?

That would be the correct steps .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the oil pressure sensor located in a 300 Chrysler Hemi 2005

See its location in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Oil%20pressure%20sending%20unit%20Sept%2013.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot open the link

Are you behind a firewall? If so then you need to try a different computer. Its just a standard PDF file.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician