Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

When I turn up the A/C fan it begins to make a loud

Customer Question
humming/vibrating noise JA: Have you checked...
When I turn up the A/C fan it begins to make a loud humming/vibrating noise
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: yes.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006 Chrysler Pacifica
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am looking it over myself. I haven't done anything other than check for where the noise is originating from. It seems to be coming from under the passenger side, under/behind the glove compartment.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: none of the lights are working on the instrument panel that displays the temp, fan speed, etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
9/11/2016
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, that would be the blower motor. It is located underneath and behind the passenger side of the dash. Either there is debris in the blower motor fan such as leaves from the fresh air duct, or the motor shaft bearings are wearing and causing movement of the shaft. Pull the blower motor to inspect for debris and clean out as needed. If none found, replace the blower motor - see attached directions

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please answer the second part of my question concerning the AC/Heater display panel not lighting up.

HI,

Does the climate control panel work, just no lighting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As far as I can tell it is only the lights that are not working.

HI,

Ok, the panel gets power for the lights from the instrument cluster. there is no fuse for it.

You will need to check for power on the orange with grey striped wire. If power present, then the LEDs have burned out in the control panel. If 12v not present, then there is an issue from the instrument cluster to the panel

There are 2 different climate control panels - 1 is manual controls and 1 is automatic/digital controls

For the manual controls, this wire is on Connector 1 pin 14.

For the automatic controls, this wire is on Connector 1 pin 3

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager