Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

I have a 2008 Town & Country Limited. There is a noise it

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Town & Country Limited. There is a noise it seems around the right (passenger) rear wheel well that is amplified over speed bumps. Had mechanic take off panel where rear air conditioning condenser is and they tried to find it but could not. They felt it they said going over a bump on the front inside of rear right wheel well. Maybe a spot weld? Not sure. It sounds like something is loose and rubbing against each other. Only when there is body twist or over a speed bump or uneven road. If I try moving the van up and down by sitting in rear I can't make the sound happen. Any clues? Thanks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # to see what suspension package you have to assist. thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Vin number is: 2A8HR64X58R842359 new self levelling rear shocks were just put on as top rubber on the shocks were worn. But that did not solve the problem. Seems noise is inside van centre to wheel. Any clues?

there has been a couple of cases where the sopt weld has come loose where it would a pop noise . they did have spot weld issues in that area !!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It does sound like that. Especially over speed bumps. Gets worse. Mechanic took inside cover off rear right wheel well you know where air conditioning condenser is and could feel a pop sound as he had his hand on front of wheel well as he had driver drive him around and lay in back. Any solutions? Do you think there is a safety issue?

no safety issue just a pesky noise . chassis ears to use to narrow down the area . sometimes depends on the area use that expandable spray foam for insulation . that isolates and subsides the noise!!