Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

2005 chrysler Daimler Sprinter bus. Replaced master

Customer Question

2005 chrysler Daimler Sprinter bus. Replaced master cylinder. Brake is fine in park. Once started brake fades. What could this be? Brakes are not after market.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 10 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What do you mean by brake fades? When going down the road, the brakes fade while stopping? Does the pedal go down too far when you start it??

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
engine off brake pedal hard and 4 to 5 " off the floor engine running parked brake pedal soft start at about 3" off the floor foot on pedal slowly within 45 seconds is on floor tryed new master cylinder the same results but engine off pedal doesn't fade stay's true thanks for you help robert b.

On Sprinters especially 03 to 06 Sprinters it is normal for the pedal to go down lower with the engine running as opposed to with the engine off. At this time, I recommend to drive it to see how the pedal feels while driving. You may feel that it is normal while driving. IF problem persists and there is no more are in the brake system you may have no choice but to replace the Brake Booster.
Be sure to remember that even with the new brake booster the brake pedal WILL go down further with the engine running that with the engine off.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert